Canada is a hub of opportunities for every occupation and business. People from all around the world choose Canada to start a new chapter in their lives. UAE is one of the countries where many professionals and skilled individuals every year apply for Canadian immigration. However, they have often experienced challenges throughout the process. The best way to overcome them is to find only ICCRC registered consultants in Abu Dhabi and follow their guidance.
The immigration process is not the only thing since there are many other challenges for the immigrants once they reach there. In this blog post, we are going to see the challenges faced by immigrants and some relief programs provided by the Canadian government specifically for immigrants.
- Cultural Shock: One of the main difficulties faced by immigrants from Dubai is adapting to a new culture. Canada’s customs, traditions, and way of life can be quite different from that back at home. So, most of these people feel left out and they may not understand what is going on around them.
- Weather: The weather in Canada greatly differs from that of any desert area which has hot and dry weather all year round. Immigrants have to find ways of coping with extremely high or low temperatures, long winters, and heavy snowfall which may not be normal for them.
- Language Barrier: In Canada, most immigrants from most of the countries do not speak English as the major language. People may face troubles because of this when they apply for jobs or try to communicate with different people, among other issues.
- Financial Struggles: Visa fees and application charges are some of the ways that immigration can be financially draining. Similarly, in Canada, once an immigrant is there, they start all over again without a stable job or support system, potentially leading to financial struggles.
Canadian Government Support Programs
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC): The program also includes information about Canadian culture and society so as to enable immigrants to settle down comfortably.
- Canada Child Benefit (CCB): Raising children is expensive, and therefore this program offers a monthly payment to assist eligible families.
- Immigrant Access Fund (IAF): Immigrants can turn to this micro-loan program to cater for costs associated with Canadian accreditation or training that are needed to work in their field of specialty.
- Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP): The program is designed to offer immediate and vital support needed by refugees and protected persons. Such forms of assistance are inclusive of helping in providing accommodation, clothing, and food for a period not exceeding one year.
- Settlement Services: The government of Canada offers settlement services to facilitate integration into Canadian society. They encompass such activities as language training, employment search support, living assistance, and knowledge about Canadian law and freedom.
Always make sure that you are well-prepared for the post-landing challenges. Finding the best immigration consultants in Dubai can solve all your problems. They can help you make up your mind and overcome the main challenges faced by any new immigrant. Just ensure that you select a certified and registered consultant only.