When the flight arrived, all the passengers had to get their luggage. Unless you have only a carry bag. If you carry luggage, there is a long ride ahead of you. You will need a baggage claim to bring back your luggage.
It may take some time. Many passengers got horrid and terrified with just 15 minute delays at the claim. If you are stuck in this situation, don’t worry.
This can be hope, and indeed your bag will be safe. This cam may take some time, but don’t get tense bag must be on the way to the luggage carousel.
So the quick answer is the time about 20 to 45 minutes must be taken at the baggage claim. Sometimes, it may take some more time or delay longer or lesser depending on the airport. And if you are traveling with so many bags, you will need some time to pick up the bags.
In this article, you’ll find the correct answers to your ambiguity. If you read this carefully, you’ll never get worried when you claim the bag.
So let’s dig down
How Long Does It Take To Get Checked Luggage After Landing?
It varies on the airport and the passengers with you. If you travel through a busy airport, there is a significant chance of getting your baggage late. It takes 20 to 45 minutes to pick up the suitcase from the baggage carousel.
It also depends on the variety of the things you have. If you have many different things and your fellow passenger also has a variety of baggage. Then it will take some time to get the bag.
Also Read: Can You Text On A Plane?
How To Find Your Luggage At The Baggage Claim Quickly?
You must know how much time it takes to pick up the bag. There is another issue with picking up the bag quickly. What if your suitcase is more like that on the carousel?
Here are some tips to make your bag different from others. You must have colored suitcases that separate your bag from others and clarify the presence of numerous bags.
You can make your bag different from others by following these tips.
- Colorful luggage: use colorful luggage you can paint on it or buy a colorful bag nearby stored
- Attach a scarf: you can use a scarf to look different .you can attach it to your suitcase handle. It will help you find it in a carousel and never get stuck.
- Use luggage straps: it will help to distinguish the bag. Luggage straps are easy to use and stylish. It will protect from dirt and damage.
- Wrap in a plastic: use a plastic bag to wrap up the bag; it is easy to identify the bag.
Why Does Baggage Claim Take So Long?
Baggage claim is a time-consuming process. Many reasons affect the duration of time. After landing, the primary process is always to find the luggage. But it always takes a considerable amount of time.
- Depends on the quantity of luggage: The first reason depends on the quantity of luggage. For example, if a passenger has one checked suitcase, it takes approximately 15 seconds to claim. And, of course, it will depend on the crowd of passengers.
- Security may take more than 15 seconds to place the luggage in the closed.
- Busy airport: if an airport is crowded and considered a busy airport in the city. Then it may take more time to take the luggage but no more than 40 minutes.
But sometimes you may find the bag quickly, and you don’t need to wait for baggage. It depends on the airport crowd.
What Happens If You Don’t Pick Up Your Checked Luggage From The Luggage Carousel On Time?
Let’s think about if you forget to pick up your checked; luggage from the luggage carousal on time. What will happen next?
Many questions are raised in your mind, like how can I make the bag back? What will happen to my bag? Is my bag safe or theft do something
No issue. Here are some possibilities :
- The airline will secure the bag: if you lose the bag, don’t, the airport security will take care of it.They will securely manage to give the luggage back to the owner.
- The airline contacts you: if you provide the correct info, then the airline will contact you. Suppose you contact security and submit a problem. They will surely give back your luggage.
- May some passengers will take advantage: some people are sitting and waiting for the opportunity. There may be a chance someone steals your bag, and you’ll never see it again. So it is essential to look at the carousel attentively and pick up the right bag. No one can be responsible if you don’t pick up the baggage and lose it.
- Donate or sell the bag: the airport security first approaches you or the proper owner of the luggage. They will donate or sell the bag if they don’t get it. You should give proper info and wait for the call from the airline. They can’t wait and donate it to someone.
What To Do If You Miss Your Luggage At The Luggage Carousel?
Let’s suppose you missed your luggage at the airport luggage carousel. If your suitcase doesn’t show up, don’t rush to declare that you lost your bag. Because of the crowd, there may sometime bag late to put on the carousel, so don’t worry.
Here are some possibilities
- Maybe someone picks up your bag deliberately or mistakenly
- Mishandled by the airline security
- Maybe your luggage is still on the plane
What to do in case
- Be patient, don’t panic: If you lose your bag, don’t panic now. Your bag may take some to claim or get the issue in the carousel. Maybe it can get stuck in the luggage carousal. don’t react too quickly.
- Look at another luggage carousal: Due to rush in the airport. Sometimes things can get messed up by staff as they offload the luggage e from the plane and put them into the luggage carousel. They may shuffle the bag. So stay in the luggage carousel area and look at the other carousal.
- Report missing luggage: If you don’t find your bag in your luggage carousel. So don’t wait and report missing luggage. The staff will help to find the luggage. Meet at the airport desk and share the problem. Usually, they inform airport staff and look upto the luggage to help find it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Long Will My Bag Be In Baggage Claim?
It will usually take 20 to 45 minutes to baggage claim. It will depend on the passengers and the variety of things carried in the luggage.
If the label is lost on the bag, the airline will save it for 60 days if it misses the owner of the unclaimed bag. It will sit in the lost property department for the next five days.
After that, the airline will send the lost bag to the warehouse, where it will be kept for 60 days in case of owner claims it.
How Long Does It Take To Leave The Airport After Landing?
It depends on the airport, how busy it is an airport and the flight. If you have a checked bag or not, it usually takes 20 to 48 minutes.
From landing to exiting the airport, you’ll pass different security checks. You’ll have to pick the checked bag if you carry it.
Can You Wait At Baggage Claim?
Yes, you can wait for the luggage claim. Your luggage will shift from the plan to the luggage carousel. You must sit in the baggage claim area to pick up the baggage.
Depending on the airport security, it will usually take 20 to 45 minutes or less. If you don’t have checked luggage, you don’t have to wait in the baggage claim area.
The amount of time it takes to retrieve your baggage from the carousel at the airport can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the airport’s size, the number of arriving flights, and the efficiency of the baggage handling system.
So, the average time to get your baggage is between 20-45 minutes. However, this does not consider the time it takes to check in your baggage or the time it takes to get to your destination.
So, if you are taking a long flight, giving yourself plenty of time to get your baggage and check-in is best.
Bring a book or some other form of entertainment to keep yourself occupied, and be sure to have all your important documents handy in case you need them.
You may get to know new styles, which help to keep your bag different.