Travelers often associate all-inclusive resorts with tropical destinations in the Caribbean or Mexico. However, the United States also boasts a selection of outstanding all-inclusive resorts perfect for those seeking a stress-free and indulgent escape. Here’s a look at why you should consider an all-inclusive resort for your next domestic vacation and some of the best options available.
Why Choose an All-Inclusive Resort?
All-inclusive resorts provide a worry-free vacation experience. Typically, a single upfront payment covers accommodations, meals, drinks, and often a range of activities. Here are some advantages:
- Cost-Effective: Although the initial price tag might seem steep, when you factor in the costs of meals, entertainment, and amenities, it often translates to savings.
- Convenience: Say goodbye to the daily decisions about where to eat or what activities to try. Everything is at your fingertips.
- Varied Activities: From water sports to spa treatments and nightly entertainment, there’s typically something for everyone.
- Safety: Particularly appealing for families, these resorts often offer secure environments for kids to explore.
Top All-Inclusive Resorts in the USA:
- The Lodge on Little St. Simons Island, Georgia: A private island resort, this lodge offers a perfect getaway for those seeking natural beauty and tranquility. With just 32 guests at a time, it provides an intimate experience surrounded by maritime forests and salt marshes. The all-inclusive rate includes boat transfers, all meals, and a plethora of activities like bird watching, fishing, and guided nature tours.
- Travaasa Hana, Hawaii: Positioned on the eastern tip of Maui, this resort offers an authentic Hawaiian experience. The all-inclusive package covers meals, a daily $175 resort credit for spa treatments or private classes, and activities like hula lessons, horseback riding, and bamboo pole fishing.
- Skytop Lodge, Pennsylvania: Nestled in the Pocono Mountains, this resort has been attracting guests since the 1920s. It offers a range of activities from hiking, archery, fishing to winter sports, making it a year-round destination. The all-inclusive rate covers meals, most recreational activities, and nightly entertainment.
- Tanque Verde Ranch, Arizona: For those seeking a true American West experience, this dude ranch is a perfect pick. Located in the Sonoran Desert and adjacent to the Saguaro National Park, it provides horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, and even cowboy cookouts under the stars.
- Grand Hotel, Michigan: Situated on Mackinac Island, where cars are forbidden and horse-drawn carriages reign, the Grand Hotel offers a step back in time. The all-inclusive rate covers accommodations, meals, and many activities, including golf on The Jewel, a picturesque 18-hole course.
Things to Consider When Booking
- What’s Included: Always check what the all-inclusive package covers. Some resorts might charge extra for certain activities or premium drinks.
- Duration: While some resorts offer flexible stays, others might have a minimum stay requirement, especially during peak seasons.
- Theme: Some resorts cater to specific audiences, like couples, families, or adventure-seekers. Make sure the resort aligns with your vacation goals.
All-inclusive resorts in the USA provide a unique opportunity to experience luxury, relaxation, and diverse activities without the complexities of planning every detail. Whether you’re looking for a beachside escape, a mountain retreat, or a desert adventure, there’s likely an all-inclusive resort waiting to offer you the vacation of your dreams.